Software in beta, by definition, means it's incomplete in some way. The actual completeness varies from company to company. I want to make it clear about what Phoduit can do today so there are no surprises if you decide to pre-order (and save 50%) instead of waiting until release.
Right now, Phoduit does all typical photo editing operations:
- Import raw, JPEG, PNG, or TIFF files.
- Export JPEG, PNG, or TIFF files.
- Apply tone and color correction.
- Create masks and make selective changes.
- Convert between color spaces and color models using ICC profiles
- Retouch using cloning and healing.
- Geometrically warp by cropping, translation, rotation, scale, perspective and lens correction.
- Composite different or parts of different photos together.
- Soft proof and print.
- Batch process images.
We've used Phoduit to process tens of thousands of photos and believe this encompasses the photo editing operations usually required. However, we realize some of you might require more specialized functionality. The beta gives us an opportunity to gather feedback and, in many cases, add any remaining features you might need.
It's impossible for us to make Phoduit do everything for everyone. That's why we will be releasing a software development kit (SDK) which allows third-party developers to develop and produce their own plugins. There will be more details about the SDK in the coming weeks.
As Phoduit gets closer to release, the pre-order discount (currently at 50%) will get less and less. The beta will end "when it's done" — which will be sometime after the start of Summer 2016. The end of the beta will indicate that Phoduit is ready for general use but we'll continue to provide free updates after release. We will announce the release date ahead of time in case you want to save some money by taking advantage of our discounted pre-order offer.
Thank you for your interest,
James Bendig and the rest of the Phoduit Team